Thursday, February 18, 2010

Everything I need to know I learned from my kids....

Yes, we are still alive! :) This month has been a busy one, with so much going on (which seems odd for February). Josh has been really busy at work with lots of night meetings. The girls have their usual stuff plus swimming lessons and art classes. My mom had surgery and so we spent a lot of time with her, my dad found out that he has cancer-thankfully treatable, and I am running around just trying to keep up! So....blog has been down on the waiting list, but after the last couple days of some funnies, I had to post something.

EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED FROM MY KIDS...
Top 10, in no particular order (they are hilarious!!):
1- Fashion (from Erin) - She has decided that it is so much cooler to wear her pants backwards, which she does frequently and often to school. And she is always telling me: "We can just pretend it matches" or "Nah, it looks fine; I'm cute anyways."
2- New swear words (from Bailey) - For some reason she has decided that there are lots of swear words that we say everyday. I didn't know that we had such a problem with language! :) That is, if you consider the words toilet, bum, poop, etc. swear words!
3 - Dinosaurs (from Erin) - Need to know what kind of food a Brachiosaurus eats? or if an Anklyosaurus can wishstand an attack from a T-Rex? or About how many eggs did a Maiasaura lay at a time? Well, look no further than asking Erin. She loves dinosaurs and knows many interesting things about them as well as lots of their names.
4- Olympics (from Bailey) - Apparently it is not hard to get in the olympics, you just have to want to go and have money. Bailey says that she is going to be in the Olympics for figure skating when she is 19 yrs old. Keep in mind she has never been ice skating, but she insists that she will and that you just sign up and pay and you are in!
5- Peace and Quiet (from both girls) - It's a toss up: getting some quiet time and then finding out what the girls were doing together in one of their rooms. Couldn't even open the door, EVERY toy was on the floor.
6 - Finding a Marriage partner (both) - Bailey was asked by a friend of hers if she would marry him, she said that if her mom said she could then yes! :) Both girls have said at various times that they are going to marry this boy or that boy. The reasons they give vary to, anywhere from: because we are friends to we kissed!! (we have now taught Erin that kissing boys is not okay, unless it is family)
7- Stray Animals are great! (from Bailey) - I went visiting teaching yesterday and told Bailey that when she came home from art class I wouldn't be there, but I would be home soon. So I got a call from her and this is how our conversation went (with the people I'm with listening in...and laughing...):
Me: Hey, you home from art class now?
Bailey: Yes, it was fun. I found a stray cat and I'm going to find it's owner and feed it.
Me: Um.....(silence)
Bailey: I brought it in the house.
Me: YOU DID WHAT???
Bailey: I'm going to call it's owners, do we have anything cats like to eat?
ME: The cat is in the HOUSE?!?
Bailey: Yeah
ME: Get it out now! No stray animals in the house!
Bailey: But it's not a stray, it has an owner.
ME: I don't care, get it out of the house and it will find its home!!!
Needless to say, we ended our visiting teaching and headed home. Thankfully the cat was out of the house, but the kitchen smelled suspiciously like cat poop, so we did some thorough searching.
8- Plastic Animals Eat (from Erin) - Erin had all her plastic animals scattered around the living room, each one with a piece of Valentine's day candy or some food from the kitchen (apples, bread, etc.) Well, I took one of the apples away from a dinosaur and Erin gave me a talking to about taking away her animals food. Boy, she was good at making me feel bad about taking food away from a PLASTIC item.
9- Being a Mom (from both) - Lately the girls have been leaving the lights on in their rooms or downstairs, and I get sick of them leaving them on! So one day I said: "Do you want me to charge you a dime everytime I find a light on?" Well, the next day I was getting ready for the day when I realized I had forgotten something from downstairs. I ran down, leaving my light on for a couple seconds. The next thing I hear is: Mom owes us a dime! She left her light on! lol Yeah, right.
10- Being a mom is wonderful (from both) - Okay, so there are days that I really don't want to deal with the girls, but for the most part the girls have taught me that being a mom is the best job in the world. They are both so good at bringing a smile to my face. I wouldn't trade them for anything!

5 comments:

Lindsey Phillips said...

Thats awesome!

Laura said...

SOooo cute! I love the fashion comments.

Jen said...

I thought you liked cats!? Don't you remember when you used to torture me with Caramel? I still hate cats to this day because of that cat...I'm always scared they are going to pounce on me. Your girls are sure cute though.

Heather said...

What a great list! It's good to be able to laugh at something everyday. I can just picture Erin's face as she lectured you and stealing her dino's food.

Vehars said...

Your girls are hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh! Glad you guys are doing well.