Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's has been forever...

But we have been SUPER busy. As you know we moved about 2 months ago and have been fixing up the new house. Things have been really chaotic (and similar to a construction zone) but at least things are starting to come together a bit and even though it has been insane everything is looking great. I don't have pics yet, I want to get a little bit more done before I do the after pics, but watch for the before/after pictures soon! We are enjoying our new neighborhood/ward, everyone we have met is really nice. The girls have adjusted really well to their new school and neighborhood too (they especially love riding the bus).

So, I thought I'd go back and catch up a little bit of what has been going on (besides house stuff which pretty much has consumed our lives). Let's go back to the fall.....

Bailey and Erin's school picture day. Don't they look so cute? They are both growing up so fast, it amazes me everyday the things they do/say. They are the best of friends which is great, I love watching them play together.

Before we moved we did our annual gingerbread house for Halloween. Josh thought I was crazy making sure we did it since we had so much going on, but it wouldn't be Halloween without our gingerbread house. It was great this year because the girls are old enough that they can do it pretty much on their own now. Erin did the front, Bailey the back, and Josh and I each took a side.

Thankfully this year for Halloween the girls didn't have any crazy costume ideas like in the past since I needed something simple this year. Bailey was a darling witch and Erin was a pirate (sounds like her, doesn't it?). We did a little trick-or-treating around our new house, but then went trick-or-treating in our old neighborhood with our good friends the Crockers. We had a TON of trick-or-treaters come to our house, it was insane. The girls say the best part of Halloween is handing out the candy so they were happy to oblige so many kids.



Everyone (including Josh) thought we were crazy but we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house with my Mom and my sister's family. We had enough of the dining/kitchen done to make it work, and it was great. It was a wonderful day with family.
Mason, Bailey, Cassie and Erin

Ray, Londa, Mom, Ky (who just got his mission call to Russia), Cavin, Marissa, Me, and Josh

The last part of November we had a blizzard hit Logan. It was crazy, they cancelled part of school and closed down the county early so people could get home before the storm hit. Thankfully we were all home before it came because for about 6 hours it was insane outside. We got about a foot of snow and the wind was sure blowing. We live up on the benches now so I was glad to be home safe and warm. These pictures I took about an hour before the blizzard. The girls love our new big yard and they built 2 big snowmen and below they are working on Erin's "snow camel". When she told me she was making a snow camel I cracked up. The best part is, after the blizzard it turned into a dinosaur! :)


Bailey lost her two front teeth about a week apart-she can officially sing: "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" now! She was excited to have them come out and she looks so cute with the holes in her mouth. She turns 8 years old next week and she is excited for her baptism coming up and getting her ears pierced.
Well, there is a bit of things going on. I'll keep up better on my posts now that things are settling down a bit. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the pictures of the girls. Maren is a little lost without them. They were the go-to playmates for her. Things are a little crazy, I'm sure, but we'd love to have dessert and games one Sunday evening with you and Josh. And Maren would love a play date--either here or there some afternoon. Let me know your schedule.