Well, it has been a while, so I thought it was time to do a little catching up on my blog. We have been so busy with the outside work needing to be done. I'll post pics of that after we get more of it done. This post is most recent to the past and there is a lot that has been going on so here goes!

My friend, Wendy and I went to Salt Lake City last weekend for a little getaway. We spent Friday wandering around the Gateway, dinner, ice cream, a movie, and not having to worry about kids! Saturday we lounged around the hotel in the morning and went to a yummy lunch at The Garden Restaurant. After lunch we walked around Temple Square for a bit and then saw Mamma Mia! It was a great show!! No, we didn't plan the purple shirts-purely a coincidence. After Mamma Mia we had ice cream again and drove home. It was a wonderful weekend break. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful friend!


A couple weeks ago we went to Black Hills, SD for a week long camping trip with Josh's parents. It was a bit chilly (especially at night-40 degrees) and rained a bit but we didn't let that slow us down! We were rarely at the campsite so the weather didn't affect us much, we were out touring. Who would have thought there was so much to do in South Dakota, we actually extended out trip by a day so we could see more things! This was a memory filled vacation.


On our way to SD: Shell Falls, in the middle of nowhere WY. What beautiful things you can find when you are driving through 9000 ft. mountain passes!

Spent a quick day at Yellowstone on our way to SD (we took 2 days to drive to SD so we could see things on our way). Here are the girls waiting for Old Faithful.

Our campsite at the Black Hills. Our tent and Gary and Nancy's little camper which was nice to eat in when it was raining. We are trying to dry things out!

Wild Burros!! We saw so much wildlife-buffalo herds, prairie dogs, pronghorn antelope, etc.

We saw Mt. Rushmore, went to Reptile Gardens, Wind Cave, hiking, Bear Country USA, museums, etc.! The girls were so excited about going to Mt. Rushmore and the Cave-those were two things that were on the top of their to do list.

Made a detour to Devils Tower on our way to SD.

We were having a goodbye BBQ at our house for our good friends the Crockers (about 30 people at our house). Towards the end Erin came to me crying saying that she hit her head. It wasn't a huge cry so I thought she had just bumped it. Nope! She split it pretty good. So we left our guests and took her to Instacare. She got 5 staples in her head. I saw her skull!! She handled it so well, she was incredibly brave. It is now healing really well. Thankfully they didn't have to shave her head.


Lauren and I. Below: Evan, Lauren, me, and Josh. They moved to Pennsylvania. I am so thankful for email and phones so I can keep in touch with them. I miss them!


Happy Easter!! My beautiful girls!
Josh and I went to his APA Conference again this year. Boston!! What a great city! There is so much to see and do-and so much history! We saw were so many important people of this country lived and were buried. So much fun.

Of course had to go to Cheers, I remember watching that show with my dad when I was young.

Public Garden-the trees haven't leafed too much yet, but can you imgane the beauty here??

One of the days I went to Salem, MA on my own while Josh was in classes. I was a little nervous since I had to make a few changes on the trains, but I made it and I'm glad I went!

Memorial to those who were killed during the Witch Hunt. Each bench represents a person, this is only a few of the benches.

USS Constitution (aka USS Ironsides). Fun to climb aboard this historical ship.

Paul Revere and Old North Church. To be able to sit in Old North Church and see where the lights were lit and follow along the path that Paul Revere took that momentous night. It was amazing!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys have been having many enjoyable adventures!
Post a Comment