Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You are NOT 16 yet!

So today after school, Bailey came in the house saying that she wanted to play with a friend that lives around on the other side of the block. I said that she couldn't today because she had homework and then we had to leave. I told her that she could play tomorrow, but needless to say she was still upset that she couldn't play today. She said: "But Mom he is coming to pick me up!" And wouldn't you know, about 5 minutes later he pulls up in our driveway on his little battery powered, motorized jeep! LOL I had a look into her future: her going on dates when she is 16, and guys coming over to pick her up! ahhh!! I know I have less than 10 years to prepare for that, but I don't think I'll ever be ready for that day. :) I let her go out for a ride with him around the block in his 'jeep' before we had to leave. I found the whole situation VERY funny, but also made me realize she is growing up!

5 comments:

browneyedgirl said...

Priceless, too bad you don't have a picture of this!

Laura said...

That is truly HILARIOUS!!

Melissa said...

omg - scaaary! I don't think I'm ready for glimpses into the future like that!

Adam and JaCoy said...

That was one of the first things that popped into my head when we found out we are having a girl, Good Luck Chris!

Arnold Family said...

That is so funny! It's funny that I'm reading this now because I just saw the little boy I'm assuming you're talking about riding around the neighborhood in his "jeep" with another little girl, and I was thinking how cute it was.