Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving, Erin's Run-in with the sidewalk, and a Snowman cake! :)

This year we went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. It was nice to go there and not have to cook much at all! Ray smoked the turkeys in his smoker, and they were DELICIOUS! My Mom and Dad came as well. It was such a nice day.


Bailey, Erin, Mason, Marissa, and Cassie


The nice picture... :) Mom, Ky, Cavin, Dad, Ray, Londa, and Josh


And the goofy one (thanks Londa and Ky). Like Mother like Son there. :)


On Sunday the girls and I were out for a walk and Erin tripped. Unfortunately her hands were in her pockets so she was unable to catch herself, so she landed right on her face. She was bleeding and crying so I carried her home hoping that she didn't cut herself where she got her stitches this summer. Thankfully she didn't, but she scraped her lips, forehead, chin, cheek, nose, etc. Poor thing. If you ask her what happened she'll tell you that the sidewalk hit her. :)

This is what it looked like the next morning, the swelling had gone down a lot. Now her face is covered in scabs. :(
I am so proud of my cake! I made this snowman cake for Bunco last night at my house. My theme was Winter Wonderland so all the prizes were snowman, so of course we had to eat a snowman cake! It was hard to cut into it though-I didn't want to ruin it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

hey Meg's doc told me to use Maderma (sp?) (available at WalMart and probably any pharmacy on the planet) on her face after she fainted onto her face at school. You can't start using it until the scabs are all pink and soft. It seems to be really helping decrease Meg's scarring. Just thought it might help...

Heather said...

Cute cake! I hope Bunco went well. I love that the sidewalk seemed to attack Erin. They have a great perspective, don't they? Nothing is their fault. :)