Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jam!


I have never made freezer jam before (my mom always made it), but I spent the afternoon making some today! I made 3 kinds: Strawberry, Blackberry, and Strawberry/Nectarine. This kind of jam is SO easy to make. Funny sideline-I bought twice as much fruit as I had estimated that I would need...oops! Better to have too much instead of run out I guess. So, instead of the 14-15 jars I was planning on, I got 31 jars! I felt so productive, and proud of myself!!


Notice--I ran out of smaller jars so I had to get out my quarts! lol I guess that is what happens when you have more fruit than you thought! Now into the freezer they go!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Good for you!! It's such a good feeling to have yummy jam in the freezer.

Heather said...

I've never made it before. I'll have to get with you to find out how. I'd like to do some this year.

Natalie said...

That is awesome! I must say how glad I am that I moved in the same ward with you. You are such a great friend and I have loved getting to know you better! Way to go on the jam and I'm hoping you can teach me more about your gardening skills! :)