We have been busy doing yard and other misc. projects the last couple of weeks. Plus this time of year our yard looks so beautiful.
Not sure if you can tell in these pictures, but Josh and his dad repainted the blue on our house (and put new framing around one of the doors as well). It is a slightly brighter blue, and just having a fresh coat of paint just makes it all look great.

I wish bulbs bloomed all year long, we have hundreds of bulbs planted in our yard and they sure to look beautiful.

In the backyard, we had a pile in the corner that served as our compost, but it didn't look great and wasn't very functional. So Josh built a composter. In the summer it will turn misc. yard waste into compost in 14-21 days!

So, now it's time to remove the ugly compost pile and put in the new one! Here are before and after pictures...
BEFORE:

AFTER!!:

Then, this last weekend we went to my sister's house and while Londa and I went shopping at IKEA, Josh and Ray made BBQ smokers. They did such a great job! Can't wait to smoke some yummy food for dinner soon...

We also mulched our entire yard-I love how fresh mulch looks! And we put soaker hoses in our vegetable garden-hopefully that will help the watering be more effective.

Each year our yard looks nicer and nicer--and our thumbs get greener and greener. :)
1 comment:
Your yard is GORGEOUS. I have always loved it--it is an inspiration.
Post a Comment