Saturday, March 7, 2009

Branching Out


So, for the past 3-3 1/2 years Bailey has wanted the same 3 songs sung to her before bedtime EVERY night. (Unless it was Nana or Papa singing to her because they could get away with anything as long as they were putting her to bed.) Needless to say it got a little old, but that's what she wanted so that is what we did. Well, recently we have been able to branch out! I know, it sounds funny, but this is from child who hates changes and doesn't handle them really well. The three songs were: I am a Child of God, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and Families Can be Together Forever. Now we can sing anything with her and she'll be happy! It's a miracle--now I wonder how much longer she'll want to sing with me before she goes to sleep...guess I should cherish it while it lasts. :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful girl! That is a sweet picture.

Melissa said...

Yeah for you! After that many years I'd be going nuts and never want to hear those songs again! You must cringe when they choose those hymns at church :)

Melissa said...

oh - and i haven't been online a lot lately so just realized I was tagged - I'll get to it promise :)

Kristin said...

What a sweet girl! Thanks for commenting and telling me about your blog! Good now we can know what is going on in each other's lives, as long as I am not a slacker at posting... :) I love to see the pictures of your darling fam!