Monday, June 15, 2009

Girl's Camp!


Yay! Girl's camp! Last week was our girl's camp-and it rained everyday for several hours! Our biggest trial was trying to keep the girls and ourselves dry! All of our tents leaked so we had tarps and more tarps coming up the mountain from the ward. Even with all the rain and the cold it was such a good experience and we didn't hear many complaints at all from the girls in our ward. We were frequently blacklisted because of the pranks the girls pulled--and everyone knew it was our ward because the girls do not know the meaning of STEALTH! It was hilarious! They taught me some really fun games (Adam's Family and Big Booty for example) and excepted me as one of their own. It was fun to be a teenager again! :)


Some of our girls...keeping dry at the lodge!

Tessa (Young Women leader) and Me! We shared a bed since my side of the tent was full of puddles--at least she had room on her air mattress!





Getting ready for our hike--all bundled up in ponchos! It was coming down in buckets! Luckily they cancelled the hike for that day and we were able retreat to semi-dry areas. During this downpour I spent my time out in the rain trying to fix tarps, etc. I was soaked to mid-thigh! I didn't feel dry for hours afterwards! Oh, I love having a house and dry things now! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to get to know the young women in my ward and have the experiences I had-being at camp is always such a wonderful time!



2 comments:

Jennie said...

i am glad you had such a good time!

Trent and Karen said...

Christine,

I'm in YW's too! Except they didn't expect me to go to camp this year because of my nursing 4-month old. Anyway, our stake was supposed to go to camp this week (coming home yesterday), but they CANCELED the entire thing because of the swine flu!! The girls were so disappointed. There have been several reported cases in our stake--they even canceled stake conference tomorrow, so it's a pretty big deal. Anyway, the weather would've been a little better for our stake this week--if they had actually gone! I'm so sad for our girls.