My little girl had surgery yesterday morning. She had an Adenoidectomy and a Turbinate Reduction (her adenoids were blocking over 50% of her airway). She was so brave and did really well. She was nervous when we got the hosipital but the nurses were great helping her feel comfortable and very kid friendly. Here are a couple pictures before and after. I picked the best looking one for the after pics, there are some where she looks worse.


Afterwards they gave her popsicles and slushies. She is supposed to have 8-10 popsicles a day for a couple days, such a chore for her. :) She perked up well when we got home and today she is having some pain but nothing over-the-counter meds won't take care of. Speaking of medication the only real trouble we had at the hospital was after she woke up and was in pain, but she wouldn't swallow the meds the nurse was trying to give her. I had to hold her down to get her to hold still, half got in her hair but the other half made her more comfortable.

I am proud of her, she did great. It was a rough morning for her mom as well--especially during parts of the surgery (I watched it all on a television, and parts were a little rocky to watch).
2 comments:
What a trooper! Way to hang in there Chris. I don't know if I could handle watching a surgery like that! Good for you on supporting her. You guys are such an exemplary family.
Wow. I can't believe you watched that Super mom! I don't know if I could. So glad to hear it went well. Although I don't see whats so wrong with snorting:)j/k I didn't realize it was blocking that much of her airway.
Post a Comment