Saturday, March 12, 2011

Before/After House pics

Well, I finally got around to taking some after pics of our new house. Here are a few pictures of the before and after of all the work we did over the last couple of months. New laminate flooring put in (about 1300 square feet), Granite countertops, new carpet in the basement, 24 gallons of paint, 2 gallons of polyurethane, 3 gallons of stain, new light fixtures (and other electrical work), and the list goes on and on. It looks great. We still have a few little things that are still needing to be done but that list will always be added to. Now that the weather is starting to turn nice we've started planning our yard/gardens which will be fun.

Living room off of the kitchen, could be used as a dining room but we aren't dining room kind of people so it has Josh's armor, the harp, computer, etc. It is hard to tell in the picture but it was a bright purple (weird color for a dining room if you ask me).

Primed and painted all the banisters in the house, which there are LOTS. At first I was counting them as I went but when I hit 35 I just got depressed so I stopped counting. The black matches our cabinets and looks great!




Front Room, looks so much better without carpet and tile at the front door.


The countertops were in horrible shape so we had granite put in. I took a lot of before pics of the kitchen but I put this one in to show the colors, etc. Doesn't it look so much better with new lights, paint, floors, etc.? Very modern I think.




We built our own closet systems in our closet and both girls closet. All that was there was these wire shelves that couldn't hold much weight and we had this huge closet with no storage space in it. It took a long time to plan, stain, paint, and put together but it was worth it. They look great!

(hard to get good pictures of our walk in closet, but these will have to do)
Well there is a sample of our house and a sample of all the hard work we put into it. It all worked out nicely and looks like a completely different house. We love our new Ward, neighborhood and home (although we do miss our old place as well). Later to come: The Yard! :)

5 comments:

Jer and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jer and Jamie said...

Absolutely Stunning House! I love it! You guys do great work:)

Natalie said...

Those all look so great~! You could totally submit that to HGTV! I'm super impressed with all the work you guys did. LOVE IT! :)

Jen said...

So cute! I hope you got a good deal on the house for how much work you had to put into it. Doesn't it feel like those lists of things to fix are never-ending?

Adam and JaCoy said...

It looks really great.